Saturday, April 26, 2014

Eyre Affair

The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde, 374 pages
Cover image for The Eyre affair : a novel / Jasper Fforde.
This book, and the Thursday Next series it belongs to was recommended by Kara K. The setting is a somewhat futuristic society in which fiction has become the centerpiece of the culture. There are also extinct species brought back to life, werewolves and other supernatural beings, time travel, and more puns, oddities and hilarity then deserves to be in one book.

The book is silly to the point where you are rolling your eyes at the puns and jokes but just crazy enough that it is acceptable. While it did not have me laughing out loud I did have to stifle some chuckles. Despite the length of the book I managed to finish it in one day. Not because I wanted to, but because I couldn't put it down. If you can handle the silliness I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone, especially if you work around books.

No comments:

Post a Comment