Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Starling



Starling by Fiona Paul     326 pages
This is the conclusion to The Secrets Of The Eternal Rose series.  I have read the first book and thought I had read the second.  I realized later that I had not read the second book and it had been long enough since I read the first that I didn’t remember a lot of details and it took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on, so I would recommend reading them in order.  Cass is still trying to bring down the Order of the Eternal Rose., but now that she is a fugitive that most people believe to be dead, she is having a more difficult time.  She is determined to steal the Order’s book, which has proof that they have been killing young women and draining them of their blood.  Her fiancée, Luca, also a fugitive, is trying to help her, but Cass is afraid that he will find out about her interest in Falco, an artist, and far beneath their class, but fascinating in his way.  Cass isn’t sure about her feelings for Falco, but she knows that she loves Luca.  In the meantime, the Order also wants to find her, because they believe her blood holds the key to eternal life.  A solid conclusion to the series, fans of historical fiction, and adventure will probably like this story.  There is a touch of romance, but it is not the main focus of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment