Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Into the Looking Glass

Into the Looking Glass by John Ringo, 388 pages
Cover image for Into the looking glass / John Ringo.

Having enjoyed all the books by John Ringo that I read so far I picked up this first book in the Looking Glass series. The titles of this series were all taken from phrases from Lewis Carroll. The series is about the accidental creation of wormholes across the world that sometime connect to other worlds. With all of these gateways comes a new foe that threatens the planet.

There are times in the novel that get quite detailed in the science behind what is happening and for some could be a little intimidating or boring. But for me it only adds to the realism and possibility that this could be possible. There is also plenty of action, explosions and battles to spice it up. Overall I enjoyed this book, and while I think I like his Council Wars series more, I like where this is heading and plan to read the rest of the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment