Thursday, November 13, 2014

Love In The Time Of Global Warming

Love In The Time Of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block, 230 pages


I have really liked a few of her books, but I don’t like all of Block’s stories.  This was one I didn’t like as well.  This is a kind of modern retelling of the Odyssey.  Pen has seen everything destroyed by the Earth Shaker.  She doesn’t know what has happened to her family and sets out on a journey to find them.  Along the way she meets companions who journey with her and they encounter monsters, sorceresses, giants and much more.  Everything in this story was just so odd it was hard for me to keep track of what was really happening.  It read pretty quickly, so I did finish it, and I felt the end redeemed the rest of the story a little bit, anyway.  Teens that like her other books will probably like this one.  Science fiction/fantasy lovers might give this book a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment