Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Les miserables, Graphic Novel

Les Miserables adapted by Crystal Silvermoon, 337 pages
Cover image for

This is the manga adaptation of Victor Hugo's Les Miserables. I initially picked up this version to read after I finished the original but I ended up finishing this first. Since I am only 400 or so pages in to Les Miserables by Hugo I cannot say that it follows to book or not but it did follow the movie rather well, though there was less singing. I admit it was kind of odd seeing the previously flesh and blood characters from the movie being portrayed in a manga fashion especially the young Cosette and her huge eyes. But I eventually got use to it and enjoyed the book.

While I shouldn't recommend that people take a short cut in reading Les Miserables, this might be an alternative to those that want to read the book but balk at the 1400 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment