Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin    Audio Book:  33 hours, 50 minutes   Paperback: 835 pages                                                              

I cannot get enough of George R. R. Martin’s writing.      What a gifted tale teller.   OMgosh!    WOW!    I can’t say enough about this writer.    If a writer can make you hunger or thirst for what comes next then George R. R. Martin provides a virtual feast.     I am now totally addicted to this story.    I am anxious to get to the next book now that I have finished this one.   Once you read this story you will be so gripped by all of the characters and their backgrounds and issues that you will have to stop and take a breath when you come to the end because you won’t realize you were holding your breath as your mind races along with the action he describes.     The length is daunting only until you get into the story honestly give it time, the first few pages don’t jump off the page though they are well written but once you mentally meet the players at this Game of Thrones holy moley!   I would have used an expletive there but this is a family blog.   Trust me this is not just a read this is an experience.   The detail makes lofty things real and literally brings you into the world of the Seven Kingdoms.   Awesome!    

No comments:

Post a Comment