Sunday, February 19, 2017

Every Wild Heart

Every Wild Heart by Meg Donohue.  304 pages  (due out March, 2017 - I read an e-galley)

Radio personality Gail Gideon is beloved by millions of single women who tune in for her advice on the power of self-reinvention and relationships. However, not everyone is a fan, which becomes apparent when she starts receiving hateful messages.  Her daughter, Nic, is fourteen and feels she's always in her mother's shadow. Plagued by a fear of social situations, Nic keeps to herself, at most comfortable at the stable where she takes riding lessons. When an accident lands Nic in the hospital, she awakens from a short coma a changed girl. Suddenly, she has no fear at all, and no one, least of all her mother, can guess what she'll do next.

This was an okay book, although I found it to be too predictable for my taste.  I liked the characters well enough, and especially liked how the dynamic between mother and daughter was explored. However, I felt like I knew what was going to happen before it did, and while I kept turning the pages out of curiosity, I wasn't surprised when the book ended (and was just when I got to the last page).

No comments:

Post a Comment