Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Darkest Hour

Darkest Hour by Meg Cabot             PlayAway 6 hours, 21 minutes   Paperback book: 336 pages                    Genre:   Adult Fiction Ghost Story,  Paranormal  Mediators

I liked this book so much!    Again, I found out this book is number four in the Mediator Series – I wish there was some way to note that on the covers or list it somehow so the reader knows before they jump in but I found that out at the very end.    However, this book totally stands on its own and anyone could read it and enjoy it for the story it tells without indulging in those prior.   GOOD BOOK.  If you are a fan of ghost stories, the paranormal in general this is right up your alley.    It has people who see ghosts, Suze in particular is the star mediator and main character.    She is one tough young lady fights toe to toe with ethereal beings and tells the reader that mediators (like herself) are hard to kill, but, they can be hurt apparently a lot.  Lots of action,  lots of ghosts, exorcisms – not sanctioned by the Catholic Church and one led by …well, I will let you read the story to find out – but it is awesome!     Suze has seen so many dead people by now she just takes it in her stride and when a young boy at the hotel she is working at starts having weird reactions, she knows he is a mediator, too.    The story soars from there.   The boy’s parents send him to psychotherapy thinking he is imagining all the horrors he tries to tell them about.   Suze knows better.   Suze sees them, too.    Such a great story.   I really liked it.   Now I must go back and catch up on all I have missed.   I highly recommend this one to anyone remotely interested in communication with the other plane.   Really well developed characters and really well told events.   Yes, I loved it.    Checking for the rest of the titles in this series right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment