Monday, May 7, 2018

Really Important Stuff My Cat Has Taught Me

Really Important Stuff My Cat Has Taught Me  by Cynthia L. Copeland            Paperback Book:  176 pages               

I loved this book.   The photos alone are priceless.    Such great advice, too.   From “Be the Exception” to “Stay a Little Wild,”  “Stay a Little Weird”  “Talk Less, Listen More” to “Act Like You Can See Things the Others Can’t Just For Fun.”    As Ernest Hemingway said, “One cat leads to another.”  He ought to know, he had more than 30 cats at his home in Key West, Florida.    He said he admired cats for their absolute emotioional honesty.   While people may hide their feelings a cat, he declared, does not.    Another famous writer, Mark Twain. Shared his farm in central Connecticut with 11 cats.  Twain said, “I simply can’t resist a cat, particularly a purring one.”     He also said, “If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but, it would deteriorate the cat.”    Scientists have found that when cats sleep deeply their brain patterns mimic humans in sleep.    No wonder one of my cats talks in his sleep.  Cats can also sleep for up to 16 hours a day.   I know days when I feel like I could do that.   Lots of good information here.    A fun read that will often make you laugh out loud – some of the pictures will too.    As Edward Gorey said,  “Books.  Cats.  Life is good.”    I thoroughly agree.   Good book.  I highly recommend it to cat lovers and animal lovers and everyone in between.  

No comments:

Post a Comment