Thursday, May 3, 2018

Mozart's Last Aria

Mozart’s Last Aria by Matt Rees   336 pages

I was excited to find this novel. I’m not as literate about Wolfgang Amadeus as I would like to be or should be. I have to admit that I just grabbed its without reading the synopsis, where it’s been languishing on my shelf for years. This novel was part of my 2018 New Year’s Resolution to read one book a month that has been hanging  out in my personal library for years.


 Basically this is about Mozart believing he had been poisoned, which caused his death.


When his sister, Madame Maria Anna Berchtold von Sonnenburg, learns of his passing, she heads to Austria to pay her respects to his widow and children. There she becomes an amateur sleuth, trying to learn who would have poisoned the brother she hadn’t spoken to or correspondent with, in three years.

I was extremely disappointed in this story; I had a hard time getting into it and an even harder time caring about the plot or about his sister. Therefore, Mozart’s Last Aria receives 1 out of 5 stars in Julie’s world.

No comments:

Post a Comment