Saturday, October 31, 2020

It's Not All Downhill From Here

It's Not All Downhill From Here: A Novel by Terry McMillan      496 pages


This is one of the best books I have ever read.   I love the character Loretha Curry.   She is aging gracefully and with a terrific sense of self and sense of humor.  (She gets it from her mother.)   So many hurdles she has to jump all throughout the book and one hugely devastating burn in your brain event that rocks her to the core.   One of those life changing events that changes the future course of life as you know it.   But, life just keeps happening around her to her friends and family who love her dearly (and how could they not) even if they don't always appear to.   Trust me, you want to read this one.   I even love her dog, B.B.King.   I recommend this book higher than any I have read in the last several years.

  - Shirley J.

No comments:

Post a Comment