Friday, October 23, 2020

Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? : And Other Questions About Dead Bodies


 Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? : And Other Questions About Dead Bodies by Caitlin Doughty   256 pages


I love this author.   I would be happy to have her for a friend.   Can you imagine the conversations we'd have?  Caitlin Doughty is an author and a mortician.   She owns her own mortuary in Los Angeles.   She often does the speaker circuit and is much in demand for her frank and funny talks about all things dead and to do with the dead.   THis book is no different.   She has taken some of the questions she has received regarding definitions of death, staves of death, what happens inside and outside our bodies after we die.   The questions, while maybe not for the squeamish are certainly entertaining and you will come away knowing more about the process than you ever thought you might.   An excellent book with graveyard humor being the speciality.  Personally, I have never looked at blow flies the same since the first season of American Horror Story on t.v. but Caitlin's book will do the same for you.    If you are at all curious and your comedic tastes run just a little to the macabre side, you will thoroughly enjoy this book.   I did.    I would recommend this to mature teens on up.   Some of the stuff here is pretty tame, but, some of the detail might stir nightmares in the very young.    Another excellent book, Caitlin.   Oh yes, you can catch her answering people's questions on  www.YouTube.com
, too.    

No comments:

Post a Comment