Thursday, September 11, 2014

Fables: Snow White

Fables: Snow White by Bill Willingham, 165 pages

OK, since I know that there are some who read and contribute to this blog who are starting this series, I'm going to be as spoiler-free as possible. That said, I can't really say much about this 19th volume in the series without giving something away. Let's just say that as this series winds down (and it IS doing that, albeit slowly), Willingham is beginning to wrap up some of the many storylines in play. This volume manages to bring an end to one of those stories (that of Bufkin, one of the flying monkeys of Oz). The end seems a bit hasty, almost as if Willingham suddenly got tired of Bufkin and wanted to just get his story over with. This book also picks up where Cubs in Toyland (volume 18) left off, focusing on what's going on in Fabletown and Haven while the aforementioned cubs are away. Gah, I wish I could say more without giving something away...

Despite the Bufkin brush-off, this is a solid volume, with a good villian, some cunning deceptions, and one heck of a mess left for volume 20. Which I suppose I'll have to track down now. Eh, no complaints here.

I really can't recommend this series enough. Great characters, fun premise, awesome storylines. Read it!

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your non-spoilery review - I'm only up to book 6 :)

    ReplyDelete