Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ogres Wife

Cover image for The ogre's wife : poems / Ron Koertge.Ogre's Wife by Ron Koertge, 79 pages

Once again I was lured into reading poetry, this time it was the covers fault. How can you not read a book that has a pipe smoking jellyfish on it?

Ogre's Wife is a collection of short and quite often humorous poems concerning just about everything. There is a poem about Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk, another about poking a dead crow, and also about an ogre's wife. Of course there are others, but some of them I am not sure what they are about.

Since so many of the poems were silly in at least one degree, I can't say that I found any poems that were truly bad or that I would say I disliked. But there was also only a couple I would call good.


As a side note I would really like to have this cover art as a poster or painting.

1 comment: