Monday, September 29, 2014

The Chocolate War

The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier, 191 pages

Cover image for The chocolate war / Robert Cormier.Jerry Renault is high school student whose mother just recently died, and whose father seems lost even in his own home. When his school starts its annual fundraiser selling chocolates Jerry is the only student to refuse to participate. Meanwhile Archie Costello the leader of the secret school society the Vigils finds himself being coerced by the ambitious acting headmaster into making the Vigils responsible for the success of the sale.
I read this book for banned book week because I thought the reasons for the ban were hilariously trivial compared to other banned books. Overall I thought the story was rather good, I enjoyed intensity of the emotions. My only problem with this book was the ending, which I don't want spoil. My problem as not how it ended but because I felt it ended abruptly and that there should have been a more to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment