Saturday, October 25, 2014

100 Months

Cover image for 100 months : the end of all things / by John Hicklenton ; art & words, John Hicklenton ; layout, Adam Lavis ; foreword, Pat Mills.100 Months by John Hicklenton, 148 pages

This was another one of my table finds. In flipping through it I was blown away by how graphic the images were. Figuring any story with this powerful of art is worth the read, I tried it.

100 Months is about a womanish figure named Arma Geddon. She is freed from her prison and goes on a rampage destroying everything in her path, which seems to include humanity and the devil, as she tries to find the "Longpig". There are both environmental and religious aspects prevalent throughout.

Plot wise it is a very confusing novel. I am not sure what the "longpig" is supposed to represent but I know traditionally it refers to human flesh. Maybe it represents greed, I am not sure. If you like truly graphic novels and can appreciate graphic art you should give this one a try

This was Hicklenton's last work as he wrote it during his battle with multiple sclerosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment