Monday, October 27, 2014

How To Be Happy

How to be Happy by Eleanor Davis, 145 pages

Cover image for How to be happy / Eleanor Davis.Continuing what Kara has dubbed my "useless how-to" kick I went ahead picked up this graphic novel after seeing it on the shelf. This is the first collection of Davis' work, and is made up of her graphic short stories and illustrations. One of the nice things about this book is that each story varies in its visual approach, changing its style to best fit its material. I think the best thing about this book though was the art because I just didn't feel invested in most of the stories. There was some nice stuff there, but there just wasn't enough to draw me in. I think this book is worth a look at least for range of visual styles that Davis uses, as well as some of the line drawings and comments between the actual stories.
As Davis says in the beginning "This is not a book on how to be happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment