Saturday, October 11, 2014

Beyond the Chocolate War

Beyond the Chocolate War by Robert Cormier, 278 pages

Cover image for Beyond the chocolate war : a novel / Robert Cormier.The school year is almost at an end, and the chocolate sale is considered by most students to be old news. Archie Costello, commander of the Vigils however still has plans before he graduates. Meanwhile his right-hand and man, Obie, has started to move away from the Vigils, and Archie. When Archie tries to fix this by sending his stooges, but what he may end up causing could be worse than anything he could possibly plan.
I picked this book up hoping that it would answer some of my questions about the ending of The Chocolate War, which I felt it did, as well as providing questions to answers I hadn't even thought about.

It differs from the first book in that it has a wider focus, which I felt helped to make it more character driven and helped to add more layers to the plot. Having enjoyed The Chocolate War, I felt this was the a really good sequel and that it did a great job tying everything up.

No comments:

Post a Comment