Monday, October 27, 2014

Tomb

Cover image for The tomb [sound recording] / F. Paul Wilson.Tomb by Paul Wilson, 433 pages

I am not sure how this book came to me. One day it was on the holds shelf with my name on it. I didn't put it on hold and as far as anyone can remember neither did they. Excepting this as a mystery book challenge and seeing that Stephen King enjoyed it I gave it a try.

It is about a repairman named Jack who repairs stuff your average guy won't. Because of these skills he is called upon by an ex in need and a wealthy businessman. Despite the seemingly simpleness of the problems they becomes something else when the supernatural get involved.

Surprisingly this book was quite good and would make an excellent movie. The characters are not overly done and are people that can be related to. This really helps bring the supernatural and at times horror/suspense themes home. I think this would make an excellent read for the coming week especially for around Halloween.


Note: While the picture shows this as the audio cover, this was the cover image for the copy I read, not the cover image in our catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment