Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bad Doings and Big Ideas

Cover image for Bad Doings and Big Ideas by Bill Willingham, 511 pages

For those that don't know, Bill Willingham is the author of the Fables series that has gotten very good reviews, both on here and elsewhere. This is a collection of his short works that never really went anywhere, and some of his early concept writing and character for the Fables series.

Despite most of these being one shots, together they form quite the collection and are well worth the read. I would caution people to not get too into any of the stories as they tend to end rather abruptly. I am looking at you Proposition Player, tell me what happens next!!!

Obviously if you like the Fables series, or short story collections, I would say give this a try. Though I think this might be a little darker overall than Fables.

No comments:

Post a Comment