Sunday, May 31, 2015

Orgy of George

Cover image for Three Times Carlin: An Orgy of George by George Carlin, 890 pages

This is a collection of Carlin's first three books with some bonus material thrown in. If you don't know who George Carlin is consider yourself lucky. He is a crude, rough around the edges, through at times quite funny comedian. With plenty of profanity and gutter humor, you never know what the next page will have on it.

When I first glanced at this book, before I considered reading it, I had a peek inside and managed to land in what would go on to become my favorite sections. These were his one liners. They are simple at times, but seemed to be more grounded. If the book had been nothing but these, I would have enjoyed it. But as it is I can only say read at your own risk.

To a certain multi-novel author who I work with, I think I saw some of your jokes in here, and if you have never read any of George's work, you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment