Monday, May 11, 2015

Doing the Devil's Work

Doing the Devil's Work by Bill Loehfelm
308 Pages

"Maureen Coughlin is a bona fide New Orleans cop now, and, with her training days behind her, she likes to think she's getting the lay of the land. Then a mysterious corpse leads to more questions than answers, and a late-night traffic stop goes very wrong. The fallout leaves Maureen contending with troubled friends, fraying loyalties, cop-hating enemies old and new, and an elusive, spectral, and murderous new nemesis--and all the while navigating the twists and turns of a city and a police department infected with dysfunction and corruption."


This is the third book of the series and in typical fashion the one I read first.  This may have affected my opinion of the book as I found I didn't like the main character and felt her to be unformed and unsympathetic.    It may be a case of  a series going downhill and the first 2 books may be better.  I will find out as I have them at home waiting to be read.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment