Sunday, May 31, 2015

The first Formic Wars series

Earth Unaware, Earth Afire, and Earth Awakens by Orson Scott Card, 368, 399, and 395 pages (1162 total)

When I finished reading Enders Game so long ago and decided to continue reading this series, I decided to start at the very beginning. According to numerous sites this is it. This is when humanity first discovers that there is life beyond the stars. And that life does not like them.

I found this series to be quite excellent, though maybe a little heavy on the machoness, especially the final attack on the ship. But that does not detract from how well written the series is. Card is able to not only capture human nature all to clearly but also is able to reflect how politics always seem to come first, no matter what is at stake.

If you have read anything else by Card, I would recommend this to you, and everyone else that is looking for a good science fiction series.

There are still a lot of books to go before I finish with this story arc and Card is not helping. He has another section of the series coming out this fall.

Note: I am on a laptop with no mouse, so I will add pictures and links to everything tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment