Sunday, May 31, 2015

Saga Volumes 1-4

Saga Volumes 1-4 by Brian Vaughan(writer) and Fiona Staples(artist), 160, 144, 144 and 152 pages (600 total)

For some reason everyone else knew about this series before I found it miss shelved and decided to read it. At least three times while reading I was interrupted by people that recognized the art, or saw the title. I don't know if you three are all on the same mailing list or something, but I wish I would have come across this sooner.

Saga in its most basic form is about two soldiers fighting in an intergalactic war who fall in love and run away to be together. This and the fact that they have a kid together, angers people on both sides who try to kill them.

This story has a lot of unusual quirks that only add to uniqueness of the story. The first is that the infant, though I am assuming grown up, is the one narrating the story. The second is the ghost babysitter, well half a ghost babysitter. And finally are the bounty hunters who seem to be going through midlife crises while trying to kill them.

I really enjoyed how well this was both written and illustrated. I look forward to continuing the Saga series as new issues come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment