Thursday, February 11, 2016

Imposter

Imposter by Antony John, 307 pages

Seth is thrilled when he is offered a job as the star of a new movie.  He likes his new costar, Annaleigh, and he even gets to meet high-profile established movie stars, especially Sabrina Layton, who dropped out of the picture but is back in with a smaller role.  Seth is excited about the exposure and the money but something seems off about the picture.  Scandalous stories about Sabrina and her former co-star and ex-boyfriend, Kris Ellis, begin surfacing.  Someone appears to be stalking either Sabrina or Seth.  Seth has been receiving odd, vaguely threatening texts on a phone the studio gave him, a phone that only a select few have the number.  Seth can't shake the feeling that there is something wrong with the whole set-up.  I really liked this story.  This might be my new favorite novel by John.  I didn't find it quite as scary as I expect a thriller to be but the story was so good I didn't care about that part.  I would definitely recommend this to teens who like realistic fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment