Wednesday, January 11, 2017

All Fall Down

All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner Audiobook: 13 hours Hardback: 388 pages


Allison Weiss is a wife, mother, and daughter trying to do it all. How does she do it all? Prescription pain pills. And it's fine because they're prescription, it's not like she gets drugs off the street. She doesn't have a problem right? This book is about a woman whose life gets out of control because of her habit. While she may not have killed anyone, gone to Family Court, or been arrested, she still loses control. Will she be able to pull her life back together or will her addiction keep her broken?


I enjoyed this book. I liked the realness of the characters. I like that the author made the main character so flawed. She had a problem and still wasn't willing to admit it, the denial was strong with this one. Since I did the audiobook, I should also mention I thought the narrator did a great job voicing, Eloise, the protagonist's daughter. This story took me on an emotional journey, I felt like I was friend being told a story and in which I couldn't intervene, which was maddening in a good way. I would recommend this book, it's worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment