Thursday, January 19, 2017

Everything I never told you

Everything I never told you by Celeste Ng    304 pages

I was convinced I knew exactly what was going on the entire way through this book, until the last chapter where I realized how wrong I was. The story follows a mixed Chinese American family after the loss of their daughter. Each character has their own version of the events that led to the final few chapters. The story takes place in 1977 and has themes relating to women’s rights, homosexuality, un-wanted pregnancy, peer pressure, and death and suicide. I felt completely engrossed in this book though my expectations weren’t very high jumping from one genre to another whilst beginning this book. As I said before there are many topics that are touched upon during this novel. I caution young adults to read with care.

No comments:

Post a Comment