Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Truly Madly Guilty

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty - Hardback: 418 pages       



This book is about a group of people and an incident that changed all their lives forever. 6 adults, 3 kids and a barbecue. Something terrible happens and now life is different. A marriage is strained, interactions are avoided, friendships are tainted and much more. I can't tell you what happened because the author goes to a great deal of trouble to keep you in suspense.


I enjoyed this book in that it kept me turning the pages. I had to find out what happened at the barbecue and when I did find out I was shocked. The characters were not necessarily endearing and I don't think they were supposed to be. A couple of the characters were written to be a bit strange but it didn't interfere with the story and instead added to it, which I liked. There was no lull in the middle, as a reader I continued to care about the plot even if I didn't care for all the characters. The author had me committed to the story and I love that because I'm a picky reader. I definitely recommend it, but be warned it is only for the patient reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment