Monday, April 30, 2018

Man vs. Baby

Man vs. Baby by Matt Coyne    288 pages

Although I don't have children, I sometimes enjoy reading parenting memoirs (especially because I can gain a little insight into my niece and nephew).  I had read a review of this book and it sounded so funny that I couldn't pass it up.  In September 2015, Matt Coyne's partner Lyns gave birth to their first child, Charlie. One night, three months later, in the stupor of sleep deprivation, Matt stumbled to his PC and wrote a post on Facebook . . . which promptly went viral.

This is the kind of parenting book that is funny, but definitely full of truths about how hard it is for new parents. Matt reveals his experiences of having his and Lyns' lives turned upside down by, as he puts it, "a furious, sleep-murdering, unstable and incontinent, breast-obsessed midget lodger"

I laughed out loud several times when I was reading this book and really enjoyed how honest Matt is.  Definitely a book I'd consider handing to new parents-to-be before the baby arrives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment