Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Spell for Chameleon


A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony, 344 pages
A Spell for Chameleon is the first novel in the Xanth series. The series was started back in 1977 and continues today with over 35 books.
I can remember reading this book over ten years ago because I saw my dad reading this series. I found the cover image with the manticore intriguing and read it. I only made it to the third or fourth book back then before I gave up on the series and had ignored it since. While I am not sure what made me go pick up the book again I’m glad I did.
Not only is the story interesting but there is enough humor and word play that makes it funny as well. The story follows a character named Bink as he tries to find out if he has any magical talent. A magical talent is needed to stay in Xanth, and Bink is down to his last year to discover his or face expulsion.
If you enjoy a good sci-fi novel you should check out this book and others by Anthony.

No comments:

Post a Comment