Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Fallen

The Fallen by Charlie Higson, 533 pages


Even though this series is well written and the story is good, I have to say that I’m going to be glad when it ends.  It’s one of those series that I really want to see resolved in some way before I stop reading but all of the death and heartache is really starting to get to me.  This particular book takes place at the same time as the events in the previous book, The Sacrifice, and details what is happening to other groups of kids in London, which is basically more kids traveling to different locations and being eaten by the diseased adults.  Higson does a good job of making you care about the kids in the story and then letting them die.  This book seemed a lot worse for the lack of hope and it made me kind of tired of the whole series.  I’ll probably read the next book, but unless there’s a change in tone, I’m not sure if I’ll continue with the series after that.  Teens who like horror will probably still like this addition to the series though.

No comments:

Post a Comment