Thursday, January 25, 2018

It was Me All Along


It was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell    240pages

For my 2018 New Year’s resolution, I made an easy one; one that I know I could accomplish. Once a month, I would grab a book that’s been lingering on my shelf for ages, sometimes years.

My pick for January was this memoir, and now that I’ve read it, I could kick myself for not having read it sooner.

I can’t remember how old Andie was when a doctor told her that if she didn’t change her eating habits, that she would weigh 300 pounds by the time she was 20 years old. The doc wasn’t far off; she topped the scale at 268 pounds.

Suffering a lonely and miserable childhood, Andie found comfort in food. The anecdotes of her binge-eating were heartbreaking. When she went to college, she found some acceptance, but college life only added more pounds.  Her agonizing tales of exercise and diet were equally as heartbreaking.

The focus of how Andie managed to lose 135 pounds is captivating. Readers watch her learn to eats healthier, yet still have most of the foods she craved. The key is movement and moderation.

I was completely fascinated by Andie’s story. .It was Me All Along receives 6 out of 5 stars in Julie’s world.

No comments:

Post a Comment