Sunday, June 22, 2014

America Again


Cover image for America again : re-becoming the greatness we never weren't / written and edited by Stephen Colbert ... [et al.].

 In this book Stephen Colbert examines various topics in his own humorous way. The topics are very far ranging, from food to health care to Wall Street. If you don’t appreciate his type of humor then you shouldn’t read his book. Not that you would be likely to read it unless you like his show. There are certainly times where he is in top form and quite funny, but there are some sections that drag on. Some of the jokes also tend to push the acceptable envelope, and may have been filtered if he had said it on TV.

It was entertaining and passed the time but it’s not something I would recommend to others. If however you do want to read it, I recommend the audio book. In my attempt to remember the whole title I discovered that the audio book is read by Stephen Colbert himself, which I am sure really adds to the humor.

1 comment:

  1. I read his first America book, and planned to read this one. Now that I know the audio is read by him, I'm definitely gonna go for it. I love audiobooks read by the authors. :)

    ReplyDelete