Saturday, June 21, 2014

Something Rotten


Thursday Next in SomethingRotten by Jasper Fforde, 385 pages
 
Cover image for Thursday Next in Something rotten : a novel / Jasper Fforde.Something Rotten is the fourth book in the Thursday Next series and could be my favorite so far. This is due to the appearance and duel by the Cat formerly known as Cheshire. The duel itself is pure silliness with both sides summoning various literary champions to fight for them. There are very few rules with the only notable one being no summoning krakens.
 
This book also has an underworld like place, a company trying to become a religion, the threat of nuclear war, croquet, and some strange after-death stuff. Did I mention the Neanderthals and the possible returning of a prophet? Of course it also still has all the stuff we enjoy like Pickwick, the dodo, and Thursdays various fictional adventures.
 
I know I have enjoyed the series, and through my description of it my brother has also started reading it. This is one of those series that will never get boring or old.
This post brought to you by the Toast Marketing Board. Eat More Toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment