Friday, July 31, 2015

Spiral into Horror

Cover image for Uzumaki. Spiral into Horror by Junji Ito, 208 pages

Uzumaki came highly recommended by Christina as an excellent horror manga. It did not disappoint. The story follows a teenage couple as they experience and in some ways investigate the towns sudden supernatural events surrounding spirals.

At first I was leery of this book, simply because the plot seemed like it was going to be too weird to hold together. But Junji did an excellent job of not only keeping the plot on track and interesting but also was able to keep it eerily believable.

I am not sure if what I read was the omnibus version, or if there is any more to this story, but I certainly will look into it, and anything else that Junji has written. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a good horror manga.

No comments:

Post a Comment