Sunday, April 9, 2017

A Feast for Crows

A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin                 Audio Book:  34 hours    Paperback Book:  976 pages       

I do so love George R. R. Martins writing.    I cannot get enough of The Game of Thrones series.    This book while wonderful felt a bit rushed.   I got the feeling all the way through that the writer felt the push to produce and I feel the story here while excellent, still could have been better.    Some of the stories seemed way rushed though honestly still good, just somehow not as complete as they seemed to need to be.    I applaud his efforts, the stories are wonderful, but, I can’t shake that feeling that so much was left unsaid, perhaps I got spoiled by the previous books that went on look sweet dreams.    These glimpses into what was transpiring seemed to be clipped as though he just wanted to get it over with.    I didn’t feel the love he exuberated in previous tomes.   This one left me feeling as though the writer was tired and just wanted to get his editors off his back or maybe he was just exhausted and didn’t have as much to say.   Read it and see if you don’t get that vibe, too.   Having said all that, I still liked the story, some of the new characters not as much but again, I feel that was because there just felt like there was more story to tell, but, he didn’t.    I still give it 5 out of 5 stars.    I was intrigued that the storyline here various some from the t.v. series which keeps it ever so interesting.    I like that.     This book is like craving a steak, salivating over it then when you get it there is a bite out of it.    It’s still steak and still good, but, there is something missing that should be there.    Less meat here on the characters we love and more on the not so loveable ones.   And that rising from the dead thing- oh wait- I’ll let you find out about that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment