Thursday, April 13, 2017

Golden Boys

Golden Boys by Sonya Hartnett, 238 pages

Colt and his younger brother, Bastian, have just moved to the neighborhood.  They have some money and their dad buys them almost every toy imaginable, seemingly to help make them more popular.  Freya and most of the other kids in the neighborhood are enamored by Colt’s family at first but Colt’s dad may have more nefarious reasons for wanting his sons’ friends around all of the time.  Overall, this wasn’t a bad story but I absolutely hated the ending.  Without giving anything away I didn’t feel like there was any kind of satisfactory resolution to the problems.  I felt like it was a story without a real ending.  It was a segment from these people’s lives and in real life not everything is resolved.  However, I read stories because they aren’t real life so I left this book feeling dissatisfied.  I probably wouldn’t recommend it to anyone unless someone specifically asked for that type of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment