Thursday, April 27, 2017

Nine, Ten

Nine,Ten: A September 11 Story by Nora Raleigh Baskin, 197 pages

"Relates how the lives of four children living in different parts of the country intersect and are affected by the events of September 11, 2001."  I was affected by this book more than I expected to be.  I didn't lose anyone personally but, like the rest of the country, I was stunned and horrified by the terrorist actions that day.  Kids who like realistic fiction will like this story.  This isn't really for kids who like disaster stories as it focuses more on the lives of the kids and less on the actual tragedy.  Kids who are the right age for this book would not have been alive yet when it happened which will probably make the impact less than it was on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment