Monday, April 3, 2017

Lady Fortescue Steps Out

Lady Fortescue Steps Out by M.C. Beaton Audiobook 4 hours Book 152 pages 
Lady Fortescue Steps Out
This is the first book in the Poor Relation series by one of my favorite British authors. The story is about a group of poor relations (the poor relatives of the noble and wealthy) who decide to not only live together in Lady Fortescue's expansive home, but to run it as a hotel. Which means they will be in (gasp) trade. This leads to much gossip and chest clutching but also a funny, entertaining story in the way only Beaton could tell it. It is put in the romance category, but there is more than romance that goes on. I liked the characters and the setting and the plot, I have no complaints and I do recommend it. I can't wait to read the next in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment