Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Little Shop of Happy Ever After by Jenny Colgan   346 pages

When Nina's beloved library closes, she misses her old role, especially connecting people with books they'll love. However, she has a dream: opening a tiny bookshop. When she sees an ad for a bus, and realizes she can turn this into a bookshop in a bus, she gathers together her courage and pursues her dream.  She had no idea that she'd wind up in Scotland, living in a converted barn, and finding love in some unexpected places.

After reading some heavier books lately, I picked this up. It's light and kind of predictable, but I liked the concept of a book-selling bus traveling through small towns in Scotland. Admittedly, I skimmed through a few parts (the sections which focused more on her budding romance with her landlord). However, it was nice to read something a little light and it's certainly very upbeat.  When I think about this book, I compare it to a marshmallow Peep --- I don't want to eat them all the time but one or two, once a year, are kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment