Thursday, January 29, 2015

Alterant

Cover image for Alterant  by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love, 407 pages

I picked this book up because I needed to read a romance book for a book club. Since I had already started this series before when I was on a small Kenyon kick I decided to continue it. Despite being labeled as a supernatural romance on a couple sites, I don’t think I would have labeled it as such. While there is a building love interest it has hardly any of the steamy sexy scenes that seem to define the genre. What it did have is a somewhat interesting story about a woman named Evalle who is trying to convince a council of gods that she is not a dangerous monster. The council who consists of gods like Ares and Loki are not convinced and assign her a task to prove herself. From there it dissolves into an action novel with murderous beasts, angry spirits and an evil sorceress trying to end the world.

While this book was not what I expected I still enjoyed it. It has one of my favorite characters who’s named Feenix. Feenix is a young dragon who eats lug nuts and anything that is metal. Despite being a very powerful creature he acts like a three year old, a three year old that can breathe fire. Even with this being over 400 pages long I still blew though it in under a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment