Thursday, January 29, 2015

Black Wings

Black Wings: new tales of Lovecraftian horror, 427 pages
Cover image for
Black Wings is a collection on Lovecraftian short stories that I found on a table here in the library. Having read other Lovecraftian collections I decided to give this one a try. While some authors seemed to follow in the footsteps of Lovecraft more than others, the overall collection was quite good. Like every collection of short stories some stood out while others were more lifeless and did not hold my interest. Some of my favorites included Copping Squid by Michael Shea, Correspondences of Cemeron Thaddeus Nash annotated by Ramsey Campbell and Lesser Demons by Norman Partridge.

If you liked Lovecraft’s work, namely some of his calmer less macabre stories I think you would also enjoy this.


I really like this book cover, even if it is not the classic Cthulhu.

No comments:

Post a Comment