Thursday, January 29, 2015

Transmetropolitan

Transmetropolitan: Tales of Human waste, Transmetropolitan: Back on the Street, and Transmetropolitan: Lust for Life by Warren Ellis, 110, 67 and 202 pages

Cover image for The Transmetropolitan series is one of those you will either like or hate. The main character is Spider Jerusalem an in your face tell it how he sees it reporter who is out to destroy the world, and in some cases rightfully so. His methods are crude, unusual and at times disgusting but he gets results. The “articles” that he writes are more ranting than anything else and usually about what ever pissed him off that day. The topics range from religion to politics with quite a few about modern culture. It is certainly an eye opening book in more ways than one.

While I enjoyed this series I am not sure it would be something that I would recommend to anyone. I feel anyone that reads this series should find it on their own or be led to it by what they read. I don’t want to be responsible for recommending something that overtly mocks aspects of their life. That being said I recommend that no one under the age of mature (yes I know that is not an age, but everyone matures at a different point) should read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment