Thursday, April 30, 2015

Finishing School books 2 and 3

Curtsies and Conspiracies and Waistcoats and Weaponry by Gail Carriger, 298 and 310 pages

Cover image for Cover image for So far I have liked everything by Gail Carriger that I have read, this is no exception. It at times runs the gauntlet from silly to chaotic. There are Picklemen who are just part of the anti-supernatural movement and are known by the green ribbon on their hat, mechanical droids running a muck and of course vampires and werewolves as well.  There is less romance in this series then in the Parasol Protectorate but there are certainly some aspects of it.

This series falls directly into what I am now calling my guilty pleasure genre; Steampunk fiction or even as far as steampunk romance. I am not entirely sure why I like it, maybe its the ladies fainting for stupid reasons, or the ridiculous standards everyone has on who can date or see who. Either way expect to see more of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment