Thursday, April 2, 2015

We Should Hang Out Sometime: Embarrassingly, a True Story

Cover image for We Should Hang Out Sometime: Embarrassingly, a True Story by Josh Sundquist, 326 pages

This is a book about how bad Josh Sundquist is at relationships. Repeatedly, unknowingly bad.

But more importantly, this is a charming, (sadly) relatable, funny book about overcoming disability, learning about yourself, making true friends, and finding out that the biggest hurdle we face is often our own unwillingness to communicate - due to fear of rejection, fear of awkwardness, or in some cases, fear of acceptance. And it's all delivered in an entertaining way that lets you laugh at (or along with?) the author, and perhaps, at yourself.

I enjoyed this book enough that I feel like I should write my usual 2-page-long essay, but really, there's not much more to say. It's fun, it's honest, and it made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment