Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hitler’s First Victims: The Quest For Justice

Hitler’s First Victims: The Quest For Justice by Timothy W. Ryback, 273 pages


This was a fair account of Hitler’s earliest years in power and the people who were involved with getting the first concentration camps started.  We find out who the first four men who were killed in the camps were, along with several other casualties of the camps before the war started.  Josef Hartinger kept an account of these men who were killed and he was instrumental in the Nuremberg Trials after the war, bringing some of these people to justice.  Unfortunately, I felt like this was a really dry account.  There were parts that were interesting but I expected, based on the subject material, that it would have held my attention more than it did.  I found my mind wandering more than once while I was trying to read it.  I can’t say that I would recommend this book to anyone but hard core enthusiasts of holocaust and World War II information.

No comments:

Post a Comment