Thursday, April 30, 2015

Lunar Chronicles continued

Scarlet and Cress by Marissa Meyer, 454 and 550 pages

Cover image for Cover image for Continuing where Cinder left off we meet more fantasy character re imaged in this futuristic world. Though since some of them have not had a Disney movie mad about them I am not quite sure who they all are supposed to be. Or even if they were originally fairy tale peoples. Not that it matters, it is not that important to the series.

Originally I thought this series was going to follow a different person in each book exclusively and only introduce the others as they meet them, but this was more of the main characters rotating out by the chapter. This lead to some early confusion as I don't tend to read the chapter titles. I know that seems weird but I hate to know spoilers and sometimes they are given away this way. I mean what author in their right mind names a chapter "Kidnapping" or "Conflict". Here they are named after which character's eyes we are seeing though. Much like the Song of Ice and Fire series I might add.

There are a lot of moving parts that still need to resolve themselves before I can say if I like this series, but I will have to wait till later as the final book has yet to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment