Thursday, April 30, 2015

Odd Thomas series books 1-3

Odd Thomas, Forever Odd and  Brother Odd  by Dean Koontz, 399, 364 and 430 pages (1193 total)
Cover image for
After seeing the Odd Thomas movie, I added this series to my to read list. Having run out of everything else to read... just kidding I still have a huge list of stuff to read but randomly picked this off my list. The first thing I noticed with this series is Dean Koontz can really write. Not only does the story flow smoothly, but it is also light and humorous. There are puns and deadpan humor that helps keep the mood light. Trust me when I say that every little bit helps because this is a dark series.

I think the darkness is namely because Odd Thomas can see dead people. They manifest to him and he helps them get closure and accept that they are dead. The heavy amounts of death and destruction certainly dont help either.

I will certainly continue reading this series and would encourage other to do the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment