Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Target

The Edge by Catherine Coulter Book 341 pages

The EdgeThe fifth in the author's FBI thriller series takes us to the coast of Oregon (hence the title) where an experimental drug is having some pretty horrific effects on people. It will also take its toll on FBI Agent Ford MacDougal who is trying to find out what is going on with his sister, Jilly. Throw in a beautiful woman, an amorous woman and a tough woman and of course Savich and Sherlock with a sprinkling of a drug cartel and you've got a book.

Unfortunately, this was not my favorite book in the series. Mac was not my cup of tea as far as main characters go, I wasn't a fan of how he viewed women. Besides that, this was typical Coulter, fast- paced action, weird townspeople and plenty of danger. There were some things missing in the book that I would have liked to have seen. It was mostly action that I felt belonged in the story. However, I'm glad the author wrapped up most of the loose ends, I just wasn't a fan of how she did it. If someone is invested in the series I would say keep going because the others have been good so far. Don't read in the middle, start from the beginning. I will be reading the next book because I enjoy the adventures of Savich and Sherlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment