Saturday, December 16, 2017

Who Could that Be at This Hour?

Who Could That Be at This Hour? by Lemony Snicket     258 pages

The adventure began in a fading town. Far from anyone he knew or trusted, a young Lemony Snicket started an apprenticeship for a secret organization shrouded in mystery and secrecy. He asked questions that shouldn't have been on his mind. Now he has written an account that should not be published that shouldn't be read. Not even by you. Seriously, we recommend that you do NOT ask your parents for this, the first book in his new ALL THE WRONG QUESTIONS series.

This was a re-read for me. I haven't yet finished this series and I only read the first two books, so in order to refresh my memory before reading the last two, I wanted to revisit the first and second book of this series. It's a play at noir fiction for kids. I love the setting, the characters, and the absurd/strange mystery surrounding the town of Stained by the Sea. Lemony Snicket was one of my favorite authors to read as I was growing up, so it's nice to return (somewhat) to the world of A Series of Unfortunate Events, this time following the author of the series - Lemony - at the beginning of his career. Full of humor and an oddball cast of characters, this book is a hoot and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment